Complaining about Police behaviour or conduct

Do you wish to make a complaint about how you have been treated by a member of the Vanuatu Police Force ? Do you wish to report an allegation of misconduct by a Vanuatu Police Officer whilst on or off duty?

As a citizen of Vanuatu you have the right to expect the members of the Vanuatu Police Force to display the highest standards of integrity and ethics in conducting their duties and whilst off duty. You have the right to be dealt with respect and dignity by the police in any situation. It does not matter if you are making a complaint, have been arrested, are a witness to a matter police are investigating or police speak to you in the street.

Misconduct or bad behaviour by members of the Vanuatu Police Force is investigated by the Professional Standards Unit. The Professional Standards Unit is a special group of Police Officers who report directly to the Commissioner on matters of discipline and misconduct by members of the Police Force.

To make a complaint about police behaviour or conduct you can make your complaint:

  • Personally at the Professional Standards Unit which is housed at the Police College beside Independence Park
  • Contact the Professional Standards Unit by telephone on 23351 or 7793376
  • Email the Professional Standards Unit on This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.
  • Write to the Commissioner of Police at Vansec House

The Professional Standards Unit will provide you with a complaint file number for your personal records and to enable you to enquire on the progress and result of your complaint. Having a complaint file number means that your complaint has been recorded by the Professional Standards Unit and the matter will be investigated.

Police non-emergency:

Port Vila 22 222

Santo 36 222

Contact Us